Another LOST feast.....

So, we have a group of friends who gather at our house every Wednesday night (or at least the Wednesdays when a new episode of LOST is on ABC)....and we have come to make it a sort of collaborative "supper club" of sorts. We all chip in with ingredients, and the meals that roll out of the kitchen have been varied and, I must say, delish.

Tonight was kabob night, and everyone brought a bounty of meat and veggies, which we began to skewer and grill till they were full of crispy fantasticness. It's amazing how a plethora of ingredients can come together so exquisitely well....even when the grill gives us fits and we end up having to use the oven broiler to finish them! (Oops! Did I admit that? It's true...Ken and I have absolutely no luck with grills of any kind.)

Summer is near....its smells were familiar as they wafted from the grill's open vent. It won't be long. We enjoyed a nice meal (albeit a quick one; upon being seated at the table, we had exactly 13 minutes to chow down before LOST started), and then our so-thoughtful crew member, Joe, surprised us with Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pie from Sullivans. (And yes, I capitalized it. It is well worth its proper noun-ness....taste it, you'll see.)

Too bad that most LOST meals end up as indigestion in my own case; the show makes my blood pressure skyrocket and my breath shallow due to its tense and a bit scary plotlines. Now I fully understand why I don't like to eat or drink in a movie theater during a M. Night movie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses