A souffle of sorts

I am trying a new recipe out tonight....I like to throw in new recipes at least twice weekly, and this happens to be one of those evenings. I am trying a Cooking Light recipe for Carrot Souffle, supposedly a Southern tradition (though I have only been accustomed to the ever-popular sweet potato souffle).

I fell in love with Dale's sweet potato souffle, my boss and the man who owned Butterbean's....my very first job as a 16-year-old was their hostess/cashier....back in 1994. I would take containers of that stuff home with me and enjoy it after my lunch shift, or even late at night as a midnight snack. It was even good cold.

Carrot souffle is just a twist on this original....complete with a tad bit of sugar, vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. I hope to impress my carrot-hating husband....I won't give up on how many ways I can prepare carrots until his tastebuds find a carroty recipe that they can at last adore. Too many vitamins in those orange stalks to exclude them from one's diet altogether.

I will let you know how it turns out. I have high hopes, seeing as the readers gave it a good rating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses