Culinary endeavors on hold

I have just gotten over a horrid bout of "tonsillitis." It sounds crummy, and it most certainly was that. I did nothing this past week except for lying around in my tee shirt and sweat pants and finding less painful positions in which to hold my neck so that I could swallow. You get the picture.

But I am coming out of it now, and I miss my kitchen. Those few days were either eating out (a rarity for us) or thankfully being invited somewhere to eat with others. It was a wonderful break when I needed it most, but I am ready to get cooking again.

I made a lowfat oatmeal-chocolate chip-cranberry cookie yesterday....those were pretty good, but not a recipe which stretched my abilities at all. I am looking forward to preparing a special, romantic picnic for Ken....we are going out (literally OUTside) for our 5th year anniversary this Friday. Picnics were one of our favorite dates years ago.....nothing else interested us when it came to planning this celebration. Why go to a restaurant where we'd never been? There are no memories there. We instead decided to head to a familiar park and pick up where we left off five-plus years ago.

So....I am contemplating trying my hand at homemade croissants. I am making my signature chicken salad, and would love to impress him with these flaky pastries on which to serve it. I will have to think long and hard about this one....it is a 12 hour endeavor from start to finish.

If I decide to embark on this journey to croissantland, I will most definintely chronicle it in photos and post them here.

If not, well, if you don't bring it up, I won't either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses