Fooling the tastebuds

Because of an intense sore throat (due to allergies), I was told by my family doctor to rest, drink lots of liquids, gargle with salt water, and eat ice cream. (Well, the last order was of my own idea; but I DID, however, read somewhere online on a miscellaneous medical site that it often works. Yeah, I'm good at justifying anything.)

So, I ventured off of my usual healthy eating plan and called Ken to bring home some Edy's on his way home from work last night. He brought me Double Chocolate Chunk, the Edy's Grand Light Slow Churned variety (one of their 21 flavors, no doubt). I had seen the ads on television about this new "slow churned" wonder, and so I gave it a go. Wow. It is creamy and rich, just like they say (how 'bout that?). It is hardly light-tasting at all. No filmy aftertaste, no artificial sweeteners (which should be banned, in my opinion), and no seaweed fillers (they use tapioca to help thicken it). Just pure, good, chocolatiness. Cool and creamy on a sore (or othewise healthy) throat....and makes the tummy sing with happiness.

I highly recommend this splurge....or switch, if you are currently only eating regular high-fat ice creams. It might just surprise you how cutting out a few fat grams doesn't mean you have to cut back on flavor and enjoyability. Edy's has always been one of my favorite ice cream manufacturers....they've done it again. They're still way at the top of my list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses