I felt like I was in Italy

Suzanne, Skye, and I trotted down to Kitchen Emporium last night for a cooking class, thanks to our dear husbands giving us this gift for Mother's Day. Ken was so excited that I was able to go to this class, since he knows how much I love to cook and how much I love to sharpen my culinary skills. Everyone there, though, saw us walk in, young and naive-looking. They assumed we were there because our husbands thought we CAN'T cook. Oh, the stigma attached to young people.

It was to be an "authentic Italian meal" created by a local college professor, Diana Ivankovic. Petite, thick-accented and bubbly, her personality came across as soothing as she began preparation of her complicated meal. We sat back and watched all of the craziness that then ensued within that kitchen area, sipping water and eavesdropping into conversations of those sitting near us.

It was a rich and decadent meal, and like with most meals, I couldn't near finish what was on my plate. The chefs happily boxed up my meal, plus adding some leftovers for Ken, and sent it home with me. I was mucho impressed with the hospitality....and the fact that I felt like I was genuinely getting my money's worth, even though I declined the free-flowing wine that went around.

So, kudos to Ken, my dear partner in life, for being so creative to think up such a wonderful it's-all-up-in-my-alley gift. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I plan to return.

Please scroll down below for pictures and more highlights from the evening.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses