I tried

I tried, once again, to expand my culinary tastes fruit-wise this week. I purchased a mango, with full intentions on making a mango-avocado salsa for dinner tonight. (The avocado is a complete separate story. But was I supposed to know that they take 4-5 days to ripen before they're edible?)

I just exited the kitchen, gagging, having tried to nibble on a piece of mango as I chopped it up. Ugh. In my honest opinion, it is the one fruit whose flavor closely resembles Pine-Sol. I can't think of any other way to describe the taste except through that of a cleaning product.

So, the mango is in the trash now. I will accept the fact that I don't like all fruits. I like 90% of them....but not the tropical ones so much.

I just fed Gardner some jarred tropical fruits for his breakfast....mangoes, bananas, and guava. After an initial wince, he gobbled it up anxiously. Thank goodness he's not aware enough yet to have seen me dump that entire piece of fruit in the garbage earlier. It's good I'm learning now what not to buy at the grocery store....when he's older, he will never see such wasteful actions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses