Mother's Day

Ken and I hosted a Mother's Day brunch for his family yesterday at our house. It was all delicious. The menu included dishes contributed by all of us....Kelly brought pecaned french toast casserole, Ken's parents brought grits and a fruit bowl, and we fried up some turkey bacon and baked some of Andrew Weil's bran muffins. The highlight of the meal, though, was my wonderful husband's culinary masterpiece....his leek, spinach, and potato frittata. He did an absolutely fantastic job. Even "guys who don't like quiche" would have gobbled up this frittata.

Ken did all of the work so I would not have to worry about slaving in the kitchen on Mother's Day weekend. While he mixed and stirred and sifted, I was in our bedroom giving myself a full at-home-spa treatment, complete with manicure, pedicure, and facial. Ahhh. It is so amazingly wonderful to have such a great husband!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses