A Taste of Italy

Craving plain, old spaghetti for dinner (it's been weeks since I've gone back to the basics in my menus), I planned it for last night's meal. However, I couldn't resist the temptation to try a new version (surprise). I found a recipe which was a tad different from my normal all-tomato marinara. I found it on a website that's pretty trustworthy (Martha Stewart's Everyday Food)....it is called "Spaghetti with Three Tomatoes." The triad includes canned whole tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and grape tomatoes.

I bought a can of Muir Glen's organic fire-roasted tomatoes to use, and I splurged and also bought a box of organic spaghetti. The fire-roasted tomatoes really kicked it up a notch (as Emeril would say)! It turned out to be a thin sauce with chunks of tomatoes throughout....just the right consistency to be soaked up by.....

....Tyler Florence's Fantastic Focaccia Bread! Another new recipe, this was a loaded focaccia topped with caramelized onions, olives, romano cheese, and rosemary. The saltiness of the dough paired beautifully with the slight sweetness of the onions. The focaccia rose to be about 1-1/2 inches thick, too, which rarely happens with my homemade focaccias. The total rising time, also, was only 1 hour....so it's a bread you can whip up spur of the moment if necessary. Tyler Florence never ceases to amaze me with his recipe creations; this one fits his tried-and-true recipe mold precisely. I WILL be repeating this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses