Jewels of summer

I put to good use today the orchard-fresh peaches that I purchased at Callaham's....I baked a succulent peach-blueberry crisp. Topped with a scoop of low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, it was heaven in a bowl.

And not a dessert to make you feel guilty afterwards, either, mind you. I took the liberty to alter the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook recipe to make it more Meg-friendly (i.e., health-conscious)....I used whole wheat pastry flour instead of white, used raw cane sugar instead of granulated, and organic steel cut oats in place of regular. It's always a risk to switch things out like that, but this time, it resulted in a winner (thus said our tastebuds).

One bite of anything peachy, and your mouth turns into a slow smile. "Mmmm...it's summer." May summer last forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

A mix for trails....or for at home