Night on the town

Ken and I got the opportunity to go on a date last night, just the two of us. That is an escape that is not as common as it once was before parenthood, and so we relish every minute together when we have an evening like that.

We headed to Greenville, a town 30 miles away, to eat at one of our favorite downtown spots, Trio. The brick-oven pizzaria boasts many other types of menu items as well....calzones, homemade pastas, etc. Ken and I almost always get personal pizzas, though, since their selections are so culinarily creative. I always eat three pieces, he eats five....then we have several to take home for the next day's lunch. It works out well.

I opted out of my favorite pizza, Pizza Marguerita, for BLT pizza this time around. It's just what it sounds like....tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, sizzling bacon pieces, cheddar cheese, all topped with mayo-coated lettuce. (Lettuce on a pizza? Oh, yeah. Don't knock it till you try it.) Ken selected the White Pie, a slathering of ricotta cheese, mozzarella, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes (liars! those aren't white!).

(I apologize that I don't have mouthwatering photographs available for your viewing. Silly me left our camera at home.)

We topped the evening off with a stop by the Marble Slab Creamery, of course, despite the line forming out the door onto the sidewalk. You can't pass up ice cream in July, of all months.

The greatest line of the evening? We asked our waitress at Trio about signs we'd seen advertising a West End saturday market during the summers. She wrinkled her nose. "Well, it's kinda like a farmer's market. I guess if you're a PRODUCE kind of person, you'd like it....you know, if you're into that kinda thing." With a flip of her hair, she was gone. I looked at Ken and we smiled. We are SOOO into "that kind of thing."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses