Shocked

So.....I received a call from the assistant editor of Cooking Light this afternoon as I was trying to balance the two tasks of feeding Gardner his lunch and steaming green peas on the stove. She explained to me that one of the recipes I'd remitted a few months back had been chosen by their test kitchens for publication. My heart lept, my stomach flip-flopped. I couldn't believe it.

I had about as crazy a reaction two Novembers ago as I calmly sat on my couch with a cup of chai tea, opening the newest issue I'd received in the mail. As I turned the page, I saw my name, my recipe, and even a beautiful photo of my submitted Wholesome Morning Granola. I fell off of the couch, and Ken came running. I couldn't dream of it happening twice to the same girl....a novice "chef"....housewife, even.

I do not want to toot my own horn, but instead I just want to share this tidbit, feeling that you will rejoice with me as my culinary friends. Please look for my "Apple, Pear and Cranberry Compote" recipe in the October 2005 issue, right around the corner.

And do suscribe to Cooking Light. It's awesome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

A mix for trails....or for at home