Two fantastic recipes....and some advice needed

I spent a large part of my Sunday afternoon baking (or rather, waiting around while two separate doughs rose). First of all, I made a rye bread recipe for The Good Home Cookbook (see my post about becoming a tester). Rye bread isn't one of my favorite breads, and I wasn't too familiar with exactly how it should turn out.

I baked the loaves in two loaf pans, and though I baked them for longer than the specified time, there was still a gooey part in the center of them. If I had baked them any longer, however, the edges would have been dried out too much. Any advice on how I could improve the texture and make the bread more homogeneous? Should I bake the loaves on sheets so they won't be as tall and harder for the heat to reach? Or is it mainly due to the fact that the rye breads have molasses in them, which ups the difficulty level of achieving a perfect loaf all by itself? Thanks in advance....

BUT, I made the famous pizza crust recipe (an earlier post, too) and began to construct a Pizza Marguerita for dinner. The pre-baked crust was sprayed with olive oil, then came layers of garden-ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, dollops of part-skim ricotta, parmesan, and salt and pepper. Absolutely divine. One of the finest ways in which to use summer garden tomatoes, I tell you. Oh, wow, I'm gonna miss summer when it leaves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses