Guest chef in the kitchen

So, this week, my husband, Ken, has offered to do the unthinkable.....to take over all menu planning, shopping, and cooking dinner for the week ahead. WHAT!!??

He was an absolute genius to have proposed such a servant-like offer. I am astounded, relieved, grateful, in awe.

I watched him yesterday as he sat on the floor, papers strewn everywhere, laptop open....planning the menus he would attempt for the weekly lineup. "Boy, this is harder than I thought," he commented.

I stood by the phone as he went to Publix to purchase all of the groceries.....he only called twice (with very legitimate questions). He returned with only one item which was not on the list....not bad. Even I am known to throw in a box of Whoppers when I'm feeling like splurging.

Last night, he created a side dish circa 1938....BBQ Lima Beans. Reminiscent of Brunswick Stew, it was fabulous. After dinner (and until 1 am) he worked on a cheesecake intended for home group tonight. Any man who's man enough to take on a homemade cheesecake has my vote of confidence.

I will post photos, highlights, and reviews as the week progresses. Kudos to Ken for such a welcome rest from the kitchen. I can't wait to see what you concoct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses