More masterpieces from "the Ken"

I got busy at the end of last week and didn't post anymore about the wonderful things my dear husband created in the kitchen. One night, he prepared Chicken Scallopini, a pan-fried dish of chicken with capers, lemon juice, and white wine....mmm. He served it over crisp-tender broccoli stalks and alongside roasted red potatoes with parsley.

Another night, he recreated a soup that we found and fell in love with while honeymooning in Portsmouth, New Hampshire....West African Peanut Soup. Sweet and savory, comforting and heavenly.

Thanks, Ken, for a week of rest from the kitchen. You never fail to impress me with your culinary know-how. I am thankful to have you.

(And don't hit me through the screen, everybody, but I would like to announce that he told me yesterday that he'd happily do the same thing again this week if I wanted/needed him to. I told him thanks but no thanks....I kind of miss the kitchen, plus, he can just surprise me with another week like that later on when I'm least expecting it....I'll appreciate it more that way.)

Tonight's menu from the chef who's back in the kitchen and ready for round two: Garlic and Rosemary Pork Loin Roast, Caramelized Baby Carrots, Speckled Butterbeans, Oatmeal Rolls, and Harvest Pear Crisp. Thank you, Cooking Light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses