Sweet potatoes abundant

Ken returned home late yesterday afternoon, tired, filthy, and smelling of hard work. He and his dad spent all day long harvesting sweet potatoes from his dad's family's farm about an hour away. Hard work, pulling up thousands of sweet potatoes with a hoe and elbow grease (the tractor tire had gone flat).

So, now we have our yearly stock of sweet potatoes ready to be stored. And now, too, comes the hard part....to see how many creative ways I can cook them! I think there are just so many times you can get excited about yet another dish of souffle or sweet potato pie. I am looking to branch out, find more inspired recipes for these orange, fleshy vegetables.

I have started my research, but I am open to any pointers to recipes on the web, or ideas from your own recipe box!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses