Mmm...

I can't remember if I've mentioned it or not, but I suggest you pick up a copy of Cooks Country at your local bookstore....and then immediately subscribe to it.

I subscribed to it in a moment of weakness, and I had post-purchase regret after I sent the reply envelope in. I have received three issues so far, though, and none of the recipes have disappointed. The great thing about this zine is that every recipe is tested numerous times by countless people....no haphazard kitchen science found here. What you get is tried-and-true, delicious, hard-to-mess-up dishes that are stupendous.

Also what is included are, true to Cooks Illustrated-owned publications, step-by-step instructions and gourmet tips, as well as well-drawn illustrations and colorful photos, charts, and reviews of supermarket products. Can it get any better?

Last night we tried the orange-garlic glazed pork chops. Tomorrow night? Chicken thighs with a mushroom-leek-feta sauce.

I could go on and on....especially about the desserts....but I think I'll let you see it for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses