Embarrassingly Easy

What I'm about to share with you is a stand-by recipe that I turn to often when potluck dinners call. What I'm talking about is a dish that many of you might attribute only to old ladies who bring it to church socials, the overly-sweet taste holding an underlying flavor of mothballs and startch (subtle, but there to the discerning tongue).

I am not old, nor do I ever recall having buying mothballs, so if you see this at a potluck and I've brought it, it's safe to eat. Overly-sweet, yes. Easy? Oh, yes. But sometimes your tummy just cries out for easy four-ingredient convenience food. Well, maybe sometimes.

WATERGATE SALAD
(I have no idea whether the title is politically-inspired or not....if you can do research on this and get back to me, I'd love to hear.)

1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple with juice
2 (3.4 oz.) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip, thawed
3/4ths of a 10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows

Combine all. Place in a glass bowl, cover, and chill several hours till serving. Serves 8-10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses