Not a food snob anymore (well, at least not for the next 7 months)


I have been racking the brain and scanning the sales ads and store shelves to find food which at least somewhat appeals to me. I'm in my 8th week of pregnancy, which means, technically (i.e., if all goes as it went with my first child), I am 1/3rd of the way through this stuff called "morning sickness."

I have gained a brand new respect, admiration, and desire for things which used to lag at the very bottom of my personal food totem pole.

Let's embrace these things today. Let's give a shout out to Betty Crocker, Chef Boyardee, and all of the other merry people whose faces adorn these packages. I have never been more thankful of their existence.

- SnackPack puddings
- Instant oatmeal
- Lucky Charms and Fruity Pebbles
- Store-brand, not-reduced-fat ice cream (plain vanilla, at that)
- G&W frozen pizzas
- Texas toast
- Peanut M&M's (Well, these were NEVER on my bad list, actually. They've always been on a pedastal in my world.)
- Cheddar Cheese Combos

Long live convenience foods!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses