More sweets

My friend Suzanne was laughing and remarking the other day how my food blog has been very sparse lately, and when I do post a recipe, it's usually junk food (or at least heavily-sugared). Well, I laughed, too, because she's exactly right. With this pregnancy, seeing a photo of, re-living the consumption of, or description in writing of what meal I made the night before is taboo. I just can't do it in most cases.

But desserts are another thing entirely. I may not want to eat them when I see them pictured on the blog, but I don't mind talking and writing about them.

Here's another recipe I tried yesterday. It was a recipe flop that I turned around and somehow rescued. (Instead of rolling the dough and cutting out shapes, since it never solidified enough, I made them into balls dipped in sugar instead. Still yummy.) These taste like miniature chocolate pound cakes.

CHOCOLATE-SOUR CREAM DROPS (amended BH&G recipe)

2/3 c. butter (not margarine)
3/4 c. sugar, plus more for coating
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. dairy sour cream
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1-3/4 c. all-purpose flour

Beat butter in large bowl till creamy. Add sugar, cocoa, and baking powder, mix well. Beat in sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Beat in flour slowly. Divide dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and chill 3-4 hours or till easy to handle.
Form dough into 1" balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or till crackled on top and slightly set. Cool on racks. Makes about 36.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses