Low fat? NO way.

Yes, they are. These rich, fudgy brownies are totally low-fat. I will say the phrase I throw around so liberally on this blog...."Cook's Country has done it again." And have they. This recipe changed my mind back to deciding to renew my subscription for another year. These little brownies will make you double check the nutrition info as soon as you take a small bite.

(Now....to continue on my quest for fudgy brownies that are bittersweet.....as much as I like these, I still think they're too sweet....although most people would probably think they're perfect. I just happen to like bittersweet chocolate more than most.)


COOK'S COUNTRY'S FUDGY LOW-FAT BROWNIES

3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/3 c. Dutch-process cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 oz. (1/3 c.) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 T. unsalted butter
2 T. low-fat sour cream
1 T. chocolate syrup
2 t. vanilla extract
1 large egg plus 1 large egg white
1 c. sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8" pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Melt together bittersweet chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl at 50% power, stirring often. Let cool 2 minutes, then whisk in sour cream, chocolate syrup, vanilla, egg, egg white, and sugar. Fold dry ingredients into chocolate mixture till combined.
Pour into pan, spread to edges and level surface with spatula. Bake till slightly puffed and toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few crumbs still attached, about 20-25 minutes. Cool on wire rack at least 1 hour before cutting into 2" squares. Makes 16.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses