Blah, blah

I have come to realize that I am not a fan of French-style cooking. Whenever I see "herbes de provence" in a recipe (or bouquet d'garni, for that matter), I keep flipping the pages and pass it right by. I don't know what it is....the bland poultry, or the subtle spices that penetrate the entire house by day's end and make you sorry you even began cooking that dish. (I'm not a huge fan of thyme or rosemary.)

Sunday is my day-before-grocery-shopping-day, so I haphazardly threw together all I had in the fridge and freezer and then went upstairs to browse the web for a recipe that would use them all (or most of them). I came up with a Rice-Chicken-Mushroom Casserole with true French-style seasonings. Ken gobbled it up....I pushed it around my plate with disdain.

That will teach me to rearrange my menus in such a way that dishes like this one are all I have to lean back on come week's end. I think I would have rather had a McDonald's cheeseburger today, and that's a big, big thing for me to admit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses