It is utterly ridiculous how many cookbooks I own. I recently looked through them to see if there were any I'd consider trading on a cookbook trading website. I am a sentimentalist, though, and so I only found 2 among all of these you see here that I'd even consider parting with. Ridiculous.

It is so easy to plan my week's meals online....I can search efficiently for an ingredient I have on hand. Yet I need to be proactive in looking through the wealth of recipes in these books to find recipes to try....our menus would be more varied, and I would finally feel that these investments were paying off.

There are some cookbooks that I pull off of the shelf weekly....such as my BH&G baking cookbook or my Village Baker's Wife cookbook. Yet most of them are for "that special party I would like to host one day," or "for that itch for authentic Portuguese cuisine" or that "I think I want to see how many ways I can prepare steak" night.

Anyone else have this problem? Please share. I would love to host a cookbook swap among friends....not for keeps, but just to borrow for a week or two go copy new recipes out of. Or at least host a recipe book "reading" at my house....where we could all point out our favorite recipes and let each other copy them down for themselves. Perhaps that is what I need....a reigning in of the absolute best, tried-and-true recipes. It might make this pile of untried dishes a lot less insurmountable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

Who would've thought?