Light as a feather? I think not.

I just love the way angel food cake fills up your mouth, like a sugary, fluffy sponge. How it seems to melt on contact just like cotton candy. How it's light as a feather, not leaving you feeling full and bloated after consuming it.

I decided earlier this week to make an angel food cake today. They had a huge sale on large eggs recently at my neighborhood Publix, so I stocked up.

I realized as I pulled out all of the ingredients this morning that I was out of cake flour, cream of tartar, and almond extract.

I used all-purpose flour instead (knowing the the higher protein content would make the cake a big heavier), left out the cream of tartar (therefore sacrificing the added security of stablity in my egg whites), and used more vanilla to replace the almond.

Not quite sure this one will be very good. At least I have a slurry of homegrown strawberries and blueberries to pour over the top of each slice. Maybe there will be salvation for this low little cake after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses