Basil tips, anyone?

I am pretty good at knowing how to USE fresh basil in recipes, but as for keeping a live plant alive, I am 100% clueless. My thumb doesn't even resemble any remote shade of green. In fact, it's the antithesis of green. I just can't keep plants alive....inside or out.

I bought a basil plant recently because it was actually $1.79 as opposed to a bag of cut basil which sold for $1.99 (uh.....better deal, you think?). It's half-alive. It's sagging a bit, a few leaves brown, the dirt turning spongy and dry (though I water it nightly). It is right by my kitchen window, so I know sunlight's not an issue (unless it's getting TOO much).

Any advice? Should I transplant it to a bigger pot? Should I give it plant food?

I want to keep alive the possibility to make bruschetta at a moment's whim. Please help save my basil!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

Who would've thought?