A mix for trails....or for at home

I love trail mix.

In fact, I love mixed cereal.

I guess I love food in harmony.

I started my real affection for trail mix while working at a local health food store while in college. I loved the way the salty, crunchy, sweet, and chewy flavors and textures melded together to create the most perfect snack imaginable.

I still get giddy whenever I purchase the ingredients to make more trail mix. I take it whenever I go hiking, yes....but I also adore keeping a stash at home. With a new split-level home, I'm sure I climb up and down each day about as much as I would on a hiking trail....and this stuff does the trick to keep my energy stores up and running!

Every time is different, but here's what I usually toss in:

- Unsweetened flaked coconut
- Raisins
- Banana chips
- Dried papaya
- Dried pineapple
- Dried apple
- Cheerios
- Almonds
- Roasted peanuts
- Chocolate or carob chips

I highly suggest you try it as an alternative to potato chips or other guilty snack. Kids love it, too....although I haven't let Gardner have it yet because 90% of the ingredients are "choke hazard foods." :0)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can I come over? Huh?

Death By Chocolate Cookies....amended

No more excuses